Main Street Texarkana
MISSION: “Economic Development through Preservation, Re-purposing, Education, and Community Involvement.”
The new Main Street Texarkana is a revitalized organization dedicated to continually improving our Twin City’s Quality of Life. We are family-oriented, pro-business, and ever-evolving to meet the wants and needs of our citizens. We are passionate in our efforts to save the Downtown “heart” of our cities and invite everyone who believes “something should be done about Downtown” to be part of our endeavors. MAIN STREET MATTERS! Join us – as a member, as a volunteer, as a vocal supporter. Our door is always open….
Main Street Texarkana is one of the ONLY Bi-city/Bi-State Main Street Program in the United States. We are dedicated to re-energizing Historic Downtown Texarkana into a vibrant district that includes:
- Entertainment, arts, and events for all ages
- Locally-owned restaurants
- Trendy locally-owned boutiques
- Professional office space
- Eclectic loft living
Toward that end, MST operates with a paid Executive Director, a Volunteer Board of 13, four Volunteer Teams (formerly called committees), and special committees as needed.
Since no one organization has the ability or resources to “do it all,” MST continues to recognize as well as form alliances and/or partnerships with a wide-range of entities – some of which have been holding events Downtown for generations.
As such, MST is proud to recognize the following:
Texarkana Chamber of Commerce
City of Texarkana AR
City of Texarkana TX
TRAHC, Texarkana Regional Arts & Humanities Council, Inc.
Texarkana Museums System
Texarkana Symphony Orchestra
Tex-Ark Antique Automobile Museum
Texas A&M University-Texarkana
Small Business Development Center – TX
Small Business and Tech Development Center – AR
Texarkana TX Historic Committee
Texarkana AR Historic Committee
City Beautiful – Texarkana AR
Keep Texarkana Beautiful – Texarkana TX
Front Street Plaza Committee
Four States Art Club
State Line Corridor Committee
Four States Fair Association
Vietnam Veterans of America
Various African-American Organizations
Partnership for the Pathways
Edge City Cycling
Veritas Christian Academy
American Heart Association
Capital One Bank
And the list keeps growing...since everyone is welcome!
Main Street Texarkana is a catalyst for developing ideas, resources, and collaborations. While very little money exists for purchase/restorations/renovations, we CAN call on BOTH states for teams of professionals to assist business developers with
- Interior Design
- Exterior Design
- Business Plans
- Financing Alternatives.
These services are FREE and available to current owners and/or prospects.
OTHER MST SERVICES:
- Small matching grant pool for façade improvements from Main Street Arkansas
- Matching grant funds through the City of Texarkana TX for façade improvements based on economic development (increase tax base and create jobs)
- Revolving Loan Fund to help developers with gap financing – the amount between what the bank will loan and the business can personally commit. Loans are available for both sides of town at 4% interest for 7 years.
- Access to both Texas and Arkansas Small Business Development Centers which can provide business plan support, suggest alternative financing, and more
- Access to financial institutions for workshops, business plans, mentoring, and specialized assistance
- Data base of available properties
- Links to appropriate websites for additional assistance (local and state)
- Texarkana City Guide with information on Downtown as well as around the city including a basic directory of services in the twin cities. It is used by the Texarkana Chamber of Commerce as a Re-location Guide and a Visitor’s Guide, by hotel properties, and by other local and regional entities to showcase what Texarkana has to offer. The Guide is supported by advertising and is FREE to consumers.
Main Street Texarkana follows the National Main Street program’s Four-Point Approach to development/re-development and has defined goals and objectives for each year. Annual Reports are available from the Main Street office and can also be found online.
So, WHO ARE WE? To reiterate: Main Street Texarkana is a revitalized organization dedicated to continually improving our Twin City’s Quality of Life. We are family-oriented, pro-business, and ever-evolving to meet the wants and needs of our citizens. We are passionate in our efforts to save the heart of our cities and invite everyone who believes “something should be done about Downtown” to be part of our endeavors. MAIN STREET MATTERS! Join us – as a member, as a volunteer, as a vocal supporter. Our door is always open….
Call the Executive Director at 903.792.7191 or 903.278.6441. Come visit: 819 N. State Line Avenue in the Texarkana Chamber of Commerce. To contact us, please Click Here.